Prevention & Remediation
Educate property owners and contractors on lead abatement.
- Develop and conduct training for rental property owners and contractors to develop new policies and to strengthen code.
- Provide assistance or resources on funding for lead abatement and remediation.
Set up notification systems.
- Create a notification to allow homeowners, renters and landlords to receive a notification when a home occupied by a lead-affected child tests positive for lead levels above EPA safety standards.
Identification & Exposure
Collect data on water, dust, paint and soil of homes.
- Work in collaboration with community-based organizations, local agencies, and CDC to collect census tract level data on water, dust, paint, and soil of homes.
Provide home visits to families experiencing Elevated Blood Lead Levels (EBLL).
- Partner with MIECHV, CDC’s Healthy Homes, and local health departments to provide home visits to children and pregnant women who have EBLLs.
- Assist families with referrals to housing, health and other resources.