Prevention & Remediation
Train school and child care staff to utilize checklists for lead prevention.
- Here’s a checklist from the Eco-Healthy Child Care Program.
Identification & Exposure
Educate child care professionals and facility managers on the importance of lead testing.
- Distribute lead poisoning prevention materials to daycares and schools. Here is an example of outreach material.
Encourage lead in water testing in licensed day care facilities.
- Provide instructions for lead in water testing in licensed day care facilities. Here is a sample fact sheet for water testing instructions.
Treatment and Mitigation
Improve blood lead testing access for schools and child care programs through mobile health units.
- Partner with local health departments to offer testing at back to school events and health fairs.
- Offer mobile testing site, using portable devices, through partnerships with Head Starts and Federally Qualified Health Centers.